Arriving in stock approx. mid Aug.
Better pictures coming soon.
Finally a storage product designed to help control moisture for your valuable LP records! 1 HIC card and 10 Desiccant Cards to a pack.
Designed to be be ultra thin and to perfectly fit in the corner of an inner sleeve. At 38 mm both directions and 1 mm thick, both the HIC and Desiccant fit easily into the bottom corners of an inner sleeve. Both have a small adhesive strip that allows you to secure them to the inner sleeve.
Fibre desiccant is made of pure natural plant fibre and absorbs at least 2 to 3 times the humidity of silica gel.
• Made from recycled paper and may be recycled at curbside.
• Natural plant fibre, safe for humans and pets.
• Non-toxic, fully biodegradable, safe for the environment
• Eliminates potential safety hazards, spills and mess caused when traditional silica gel or clay packs burst or are opened.
• Effective within a wide temperature range protecting perishable food and fresh produce by controlling relative humidity and providing insulation.
• Controls humidity to prevent rust, corrosion, and mildew on such products as metal parts, furniture, electronics, leather goods and apparel.
• Complies with FDA regulations for direct food contact packaging; 21CFR 176.170 (conditions B, C, D, E, F, G, H), 21CFR 176.180, 21CFR 176.260 pulp from reclaimed fibre, 21CFR 109.30a (9) pertaining to PCB content of paper food packaging materials
Fibre desiccant is manufactured with natural plant fibre via special processing, whose absorption carrier is 100% degradable.
Fibre desiccant is quick and has a high moisture absorption rate that can reach 100% as its weight . Absolute adsorption rate is 3 times higher than silica gel at 25°C, RH=100%. It is non-toxic and harmless to the environment.
Typically lasts for 6 months on average. Used with HIC to determine proper exchange frequency. Depending on the time of year, this can change,
Not made with harmful Calcium chloride or silica gel that’s coated with cobalt chloride, a toxic compound. If a person/pet ingests cobalt chloride-coated silica gel, it’ll likely cause nausea and vomiting.
Fibre Desiccant Moisture absorption rate: 100%
Calcium chloride Moisture absorption rate: 50%
Silica Gel Desiccant Moisture absorption rate: 32%
Clay Desiccant Moisture absorption rate: 23%
Humidity levels typically need to be at 55% or higher before mold begins to grow. Humidity mold can be controlled in your home through proper ventilation, which can reduce the likelihood of mold presence. For example using a dehumidifier in your basement.
If the HIC card record label turns pink, you have reached 50% humidity and you should clean your record, use a new dry inner sleeve and a new desiccant card. This card can be reused if you dry it GENTLY with a blow dryer.